Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Greece Before....

My phone just rang and an automated voice came on to tell me that my shuttle was 1 hour and 15 minutes away. My suitcase is packed and in the corner, my flight is scheduled to be on time, Harry Potter has kept me company for the past few hours and I have brushed my teeth. I've been awake all day and am running on the pure adrenaline that only comes with the thought of getting on a plane in 4.5 hours.

I also have been crying for two days without any reason. Well, I'm sure there is a reason, but it seems to come from nowhere. I'm about to get on a plane to a country I've never been to. I'm going alone and I'm not sure what I'm walking into. I"m tired of traveling alone. When I booked this trip I truly thought I would be going with a boyfriend, someone to share this experience with. Yet again, it is me and a camera. And some Greek yogurt, I'm sure. And there are deeper things. I miss my father and wish he was here to talk to about this. I wish my mother was coming with me. I would love to have 10 days with her. Or my sister, either of them.

This is a short entry and probably not the most thought out post I'll every write. But I'm here, I'm nervous and I'm heading out the door shortly. To Greece.

GREECE!

I'll update as I go. I'm running a marathon, having dinner with a college friend, seeing the ruins, shopping, eating, sleeping and going on vacation. Going on vacation. Ten days with no phone, no facebook, no internet, no texting, no homework.....just me and Greece. That is a great thought.

See you in Athens!

No comments: