Thursday, June 17, 2010

Small Comparisons

Today I watched three different sitcoms on hulu.com.
One friend walked along the streets of Paris and drank french wine.
Today I took a nap in my car during my lunch.
Another friend painted the womens center at her church in Dominica.
Today I read about becoming a flight attendant in an effort to dream about a new life.
One friend auditioned for a national tour.
Today I ate cold refried beans and salsa because they were free.
Another friend spent the day on her boat.
Today I sat at a desk for 9 hours, got into a tiff with a coworker over nothing of consequence and made five pots of coffee.
I have a friend who is in Italy for two weeks on vacation.

I'm going to get out of this job. I'm going to live a more exciting life. I'm going to make something of myself.

Today I get to go to the theater and sing and dance in one of the best shows on the circuit right now. No one else has had the day I have had. And, all things considered, it was a good one.

No comments: