Wednesday, September 8, 2010

What made me happy 7 Sept 2010

Things that made me happy Tuesday 7 Sept 2010
- Running with Kiersten in the morning. I love getting up and getting out and doing something. Having such a good friend who will come that early and do it with me, well that’s just a blessing I’m not sure I’m worth. It is a gift of time to have an hour with my best friend, just her and I talking and being girls and figuring life out.
- Having a job to come to. I know I am lucky to be working. I am thankful of that every day. There are people all over the world who are hungry and want to work. I am very lucky to have a paycheck every two weeks and a safe place to work.
- Having hulu.com to watch while I sit at my desk.
- Having good people to work with. I don’t hate anyone here. I hate being here, but at least the people are nice and not too crazy.
- Having the $2 for coffee and a donut.
- Going to rehearsal and getting to be creative, even if only for a little time. This show is an interesting experience for me, something I am very lucky to be doing. Every time I do a show I learn something and Smokey’ Joe’s CafĂ© is no different. I am not a “soul-full” singer (I’m much more comfortable singing a standard at a piano) and playing Patty is allowing me to become freer with my voice and body. It is interesting to be inside my head during this process. (Most people would say it’s interesting to be inside my head any time I do anything. Can we say tangent?) I want to know why I do things, why I feel things, why I have so many hang ups. Why don’t I feel sexy and comfortable in my skin? Why aren’t I embracing the passion that comes with needing to just riff and wail and let it out? I know that I am going to grow as an artist doing this show. And I’m excited to see where I end up.
- Having amazing friends and family in my life to keep a smile on my face and lightness in my heart.

My life is good. Not ideal and not where I thought I’d be. I want so much more from my life than I have. But hopefully these daily affirmations of the good will keep reminding me of the good. And sending out what I want will bring it to me.

- I will have a better paying job with higher responsibility and more stature.
- I will book a cruise ship as a singer/performer and travel around the world before I come home for good.
- I will unpack and have a studio that will remain clean and uncluttered and inviting for the good in the world.
- I will be health, happy and successful in this life.

1 comment:

Carrie Jeffrey said...

what a way to be positive about life!! wish i could run with you and kiersten!