Thursday, May 26, 2011

Easy Temping Day

I have complained about my jobs a lot in the past years. I truly hate sitting at a desk and wasting my life. You know that. However, now that I am set to begin school in the fall I have a new appreciation for my ability to sit quietly at a desk and wait for the clock to run out. I am temping again and it’s going well.

It helps that my boss doesn’t really pay attention to me here. It helps that he likes me a lot and thinks I can do no wrong. It helps that there isn’t a ton to do. It helps that the small amount of work there is to do, I’m over qualified for. And it helps to know that in two months I’m gone. I’m not stuck here. I’m not tied down to one place to work that I hate. I get to leave. And having an out makes dealing with the monotony so much easier.

Having a day like yesterday helps too. Here is the break down of my day, and one more reason why I can’t really complain about it too heartily.

8:45a- got to work 15 minutes late. I wanted to stop for coffee….so I did.
9:30-12:30- watched some hulu (Being Human, CougarTown (two episodes) and Glee)
12:45-1:45- took a nap in my car
2-4:30- watched more CougarTown and Modern Family
4:30- left work 30 minutes early because my boss was out of the office and my other co-worker had gone home

Let's not forget my hourly adventures on facebook, watching youtube videos and researching loans for school. And researching all inclusive vacations to Hawaii. It was a stupidly easy day. And I got paid to do it! Now, not all of the days are easy. There are days where I rush around and am a chicken all day. But they are worth it when a glorious Thursday pops up and I get to mentally relax.

So there you have it. I am only here for 2 more months. I can do this. Because I know that one day I will never have to sit at a desk again. And it will be all worth it.

And you? How was your Thursday?

No comments: