Friday, September 30, 2011

8 Hours of Acting?!!?

At school we are given a schedule every Friday for the following week. They call the classes "modules" and the set up is pretty much the same week to week. When I get the schedule today (30 Sept 2011) for the following week I almost fall out of my chair. I look at Friday- 900-1300 Acting Workshop, then lunch, then 1400-1800 Acting Workshop.

8 HOURS OF ACTING?!!? In one day?!!? Who does that?


Apparently The Birmingham School of Acting.


I feel a real sense of panic. A sense of confusion and something that feels like defeat. I'm out of my league. I don't know what I'm doing here. How am I going to fill 8 hours of anything, except sitting on my ass in a chair? What would ANYONE do? Rehearsals usually aren't that long and even then you have an end result.


I feel I am completely out of my league here. There is a brief moment of panic and I seriously start to rethink the idea of spending 10 weeks in a place that forces me to act for 20 hours every week. Oh, did I not mention that before the 8 hours on Friday we have three, 4 hour blocks during the week? It's a lot of acting.





Dear Amie,
This is why you're here. This is why you're spending thousands of dollars. This is how you're going to change your life.
This is where you are meant to be.
Shut up and go to acting class.
Sincerely,
Future Amie

Damn, Future Amie can be quite bossy sometimes. And she's usually.....always.....correct.


No comments: