Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dating Tips From The Front Lines - Part 1

Instead of my banging my head against the wall, always falling into a new dating trap, I’m going to use my power for good and try to help my sisters out by posting what I’ve learned. I’ll add these in periodically as I discover them in the dating battlefield, a series of blogs, each one highlighting new thoughts. I love all things relationship and sex and dating so I might as well use my blog to share what I experience.

- Meet his family.
If more than three months of continuous dating has gone by and you haven’t met ANYONE in his family, get out. I’m not talking parents necessarily. But three/four months in you should at least have met a second cousin on his mom’s side. YOU’RE TOO AWESOME TO BE A SECRET!

- Wait until “we” becomes “I”
If he is still referring to himself as “we” he still has his ex on his mind, in his heart and probably in his bed a few times a week. Save yourself the heartache and wait it out (preferably in the strong arms of a hot young thing) or move on to someone who has already moved on.

- Check his status says “Single”
If he is not listed as any kind of relationship the odds are he is in the middle of a “complicated” one. Maybe he has feelings for someone and they’re not reciprocated. Or he’s dating someone but not seriously enough to tell the world so he wants to keep his options open. Or he’s in the middle of a break-up and isn’t ready to date. Or he just doesn’t care enough to post anything, which happens because he’s a boy and FB isn’t that important to him. Bottom line- when someone is ready to date and meet someone, they will have “Single” as their relationships status because they want the world to know they are ready and available.

- He doesn’t share the bread
See my next post on a horrible dating experience I had. A man who takes the entire loaf of bread, touches every piece in the basket or simply doesn’t offer you any at all isn’t someone you want in your kitchen. Or your bedroom. Ever.

Good luck out there!

No comments: