Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Spring Dreaming - Question 2

Question 2: Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears

- I am terrified of great white sharks. Pretty sure it stems from watching Jaws too early in life. At my bf's request I watched it again last year on the big screen and I was still terrified. I'm sure it also stems from riding the "Behind the Scenes" ride at Universal Studios Hollywood and fully believing I was going to fall into the "ocean" off the tram and get eaten by a shark. My ability to throw myself completely into rides is not always a benefit. This fear is not completely irrational. Sharks can, and do, kill people. I wade in the ocean, but don't swim out farther than where I can see the bottom. I will go on boats and ships and all that. But great white sharks scare the hell out of me and I want no part of hanging out with them. But I will do everything I can to keep them off the endangered list.

- I am scared of closed spaces I can't see out of. Crawling into a tunnel where I can't turn around, driving/walking/biking into a tunnel where I can't see the end, walking into a pitch dark space without knowing the escape route - no thank you. Not sure where this stems from. As far as I know I haven't had any trauma about this. And I love to snuggle into cozy corners. I sleep best when there is the weight of covers on me. But I can't snorkel, refuse to scuba dive, and won't be caught catching alligators in the sewers or Florida any time soon.

- I'm scared of making wrong decisions and dying with regrets. I can barely decide what to eat sometimes. I know, I know........It's going to happen because there is absolutely no way I can doit all right all the time. But it still scares me.

See you tomorrow!

No comments: