Tuesday, March 16, 2010

St. Patty's Day Running Thoughts

It's already St. Patricks Day and I'm so excited about everything 2010 is going to bring. Especially when we look at the calendar for ALM excitement.

May 2, 2010 I am running with a few of my Merrily castmates in the OC half marathon. I'm excited to do this with new people and hopefully get some more members into ALM.

June 6, 2010 is the first ALM event of the year. Jalin is taking the reigns on this one and organizing everything. All I have to do is show up to the long runs and update the website. I'm excited to run this race with a group of people. I ran it last year and had a blast. It is definitely a better 1/2 marathon course, as the full got a little boring towards the end. But the 1/2 is going to ROCK!! And I'm so excited to work with Ja as the head person. We're raising money for her charity and a lot of her non-caroling friends are going to participate. It's exciting!

The main event is currently the Long Beach marathon in October. October 17 to be exact, so mark your calendars! We will raise money for NHF or The american Cancer Society. I know we can surpass the $2116 we did last Oct. I am so excited about this.

This is what I love to do. Get people together and push them to do something they didn't think they could. Give them a goal and then watch them surpass that goal. Entice them to work harder, train harder, change their life to be something they are proud of. This is what fires me up and moves me. This is what makes sitting at a desk survivable.

I love this group of people. I love running marathons and 1/2 marathons. I love crossing the finish line with people who I care for. I love what we stand for and what we work for. I love the motivation and the love and the fire.

Here we come 2010. ALM is here to run some races, raise some money and rock the house!!!

No comments: