Friday, June 24, 2011

These are some options? I'll go it alone, thank you.

I look at my world and I enjoy it. I have awesome friends, great family relationships, a lust for life and great legs. I enjoy being single because I don't have to follow any rules but the ones I put into the book. Doesn't mean I don't like to shop.

I have played the internet dating game and have some wonderfully entertaining stories to go along with the memories. I meet people at parties and through friends. I love to go out and meet people and see what everyone else does with their time. One place I have NEVER met someone is through Craigslist. The people who post on CL, whether they are nice guys are not, are opening themselves up to ridicule and judgement. Which leads me to question why they don't think through things before they click on the "post ad" icon.

The following examples are why CL shopping is best left to slightly-loved Ikea furniture.

- Endangerd Species - 53 Most guys simply don't have much self confidence and stick there necks out to impress his date hoping to land in the back seator in bed after the appitizer.They exagerate and laugh at anything,ozzing in obviousness.Tired of that are you ?Veterin single guy,married twice,fun,serious,open minded,provocitive, generious,can stimulate your passion,desires,maybe dreams.5' 6 " tall, Italian,handsome fun to be with,steady good job, live alone,nice apartment.Drugs a "no no".That tall dark handsome guy after guy after guy you keep dating gets the same results,time after time.No need to ask why ?P..S Never ask me to Varify as you will only waste your time. John

Seriously? The typos and bad grammar alone would turn a woman off. But add in his thought that 5'6" is "tall" and now you're just an idiot. I like men of all heights and who are comfortable in their skin. This guy is a "no no"

- A man listed himself as "getting over my shyness" and wrote a two page posting about what he was looking for in a woman and what he was "done playing" with. He painted this empathetic picture of a shy guy trying something new.......Then posted a picture of his hard penis.

In my opinion, no one who shows their junk online is shy. No one.

- Brutally honest heartless health-conscious bastard with limitless 420.

That was his header. So what you're saying is I would have to be high the entire time I was with you because I couldn't stand you if sober. Not the best selling point for a new relationship.

-Just 1 sane and attractive girl on here??? - 29

Wow. you're only looking for 1? In all these crazy, neurotic, insane women? Well with odds like that I think I'll stake my claim somewhere else. Who wants to date a man who has already stacked the deck against me. On the plus side, he did post pictures of him on the beach with this adorable puppy. Women love puppies. He almost has the game mastered.

Here are a few more gems of CL

- Sense of Urgency, desperately wants a baby - 30
- Experiment with a therapeutic spanking
- I look like a Greek Masterwork. You be Hot Exotic with massive breasts
- FATHR FGUR 4 U - 48
- Where's my Swing-Friendly Partner in Crime and Wine? - 42

OH. MY. GOD!!! And this was just within the past few hours!

Married ladies- rejoice.

2 comments:

David Nestor said...

Those last five were kind of awesome. You can't make this stuff up.

Amie B. said...

Right?!!?