Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Twitter learnings

Twitter is an interesting thing. As with many things in my life, I started my adventure without really knowing what I wanted out of it or what I was willing to put into it. After four days I can say I am slightly addicted to at least checking in to everything once an hour. Even more than before. Check on facebook people, check in on fourswuare and read Twitter. I knew this would happen. I have an addictive personality in general. I fall too hard for guys, eat too much of a good thing and can’t seem to stop myself with shoes. What I wasn’t prepared for was the random crap I would be introduced to.

Examples:

- I tweet about Vegas and am bombarded with offers for the hottest Vegas nightlife
- I tweet about apple and all my Mac friends come to its defense
- I tweet about needing a new dress and am sent offers for free online coupons.

It’s pretty amazing actually. The best one? I tweet about not being able to read Time magazine anymore because it gives me anxiety attacks because I want to fix everything. I get a response for an anti-anxiety drug.

Good to know that if I ever do need access to nightlife, computer advice or meds, Twitter and all my Twitter-ettes will be there to help me.

Follow me on Twitter! SingingAmieB

(Soon I’ll figure out how to link this blog…..all in good time.)


Here are my tweets so far:

46- correction- you CAN'T let go if you're holding on.
45- Time magazine is why I have anxiety attacks. I can't fix it all and I want to.
44- Thank you and happy birthday to
for taking on the banner of keeping 30s sexy. It was getting heavy
43- And THAT, ladies and gentlemen is how you do it.
42- another boring day, another value-losing dollar. Nice to think about having all next week off though!
41- why is everyone excited about iCloud? Pay so I can access the music I already own? Honestly don't get it. But happy people are happy.
40- Good run, load of laundry and Greys Anatomy. Not so bad for a Monday. See you tomorrow!
39- Lawn is mowed! And I tortured the cat by leaving Best In Show in while I was outside
38- nice easy drive home. I like it
37- just sat and listened to all the teasers of the new
album. I'm in love, again.
36-
rocks! Just printed out my deal for . Time to shop!!
35- was just handed a ridiculously time wasting assignment. Thank goodness the workday eventually ends
34- looking for places to rent for the summer. Not looking forward to packing.
33- working working working. Wishing I was still in
.....
32- Have a night totally empty for the first time in a while. What should I do?
31- Happy Monday. Eventful weekend and ready for a quiet day at work. Followers? 49.
30- last tweet of the weekend. Such a good time!
28- @ the petstore. Couldn't leave without donating cans of cat food to homeless kitties
27- you'll never guess- still here!! Don't be jealous. You know you want to sit around all day too.
26- okay. Three hours in. Of sitting. I'm losing steam.....
25- Still sitting at a callback. This is the hard part most of the time.
24- it's a little unnerving to look at how much life can get turned upside down in only 5 days.
23- just met a dog whose head came to my chest and I'm wearing heels. That's a big dog.
22- hello long beach. I missed you!!
21- my favorite feature of Roxie, my car?
Sync where I can play my iPhone through speakers via Bluetooth. What's yours?
20- goodbye Vegas. :(
I checked in at The Chandelier (3708 Las Vegas Blvd S) on

19- drinks IN a ?!!? Who thinks of this? I love this city.
18- Afton and I are going to start a girl band covering 'Pocketful of Sunshine'. We need a name....
17- I am currently a green room in Vegas. Wahoo!!
16- I just ran down Las Vegas Blvd in 4' heels and a strapless mini dress. Hooray Vegas!
15- free Elvis show? Yes please!!
14- why why why WHY are you smoking and holding your baby?!!!
13- patiently waiting for my peeps to get here. Best clubs? Fave drinks? Awesome shows? I loVe Vegas. Tell me what you like about it!
12- $50 gift card to Macy's. Off to buy a dress for tonight! Do you have a favorite style? Suggestions are welcome.
11- my friend Mel has a press pass for the miss USA pageant. Not gonna lie, I'm a little jealous.
10- impromptu lunch with Melodye! Gotta love it!
9- Sun moved. Time to shift chairs!
8- I need a sexier hobby. Anyone have any ideas?
7- I'm not just water-skiing, I'm boxing water-skiing. I do love pod advertising.
6- I think I'll only do this project while awake. Just as interesting. Woke up in Vegas. Not a bad start to the weekend.
5-
uses baby food to keep in shape. Hmmm....do they have steak flavored baby food? a good red wine? Wait. Yuck. I'll eat the steak
4- I can't even imagine losing a part of my body, let alone a hand. So very thankful for my health.
3- I truly hate the awful advice
gives. She just told a woman to stay in a marriage with an alcoholic. WTF?!!?
2- Vegas Vegas Vegas!! Where do you like to eat when there?
1- First of 3,360. What have I gotten into?

No comments: