Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Great White Bikini Weight Loss – Thursday

I have run at 5a for the past three mornings. 2 miles, to the ocean and back. I get to say good morning to the ocean every morning, and I love it. Monday I did the weight class and the last night I did a yoga class. Not a fan of this yoga teacher. I have tried yoga many times and I just can’t seem to get that "zen" feeling people talk about. I get frustrated. I feel bored. I don’t see God or meditate. And maybe it’s because I have only ever taken class at a gym. I haven’t taken from a yoga studio where they are there to teach the form and joy of yoga. Perhaps that will be another thing on the list to try.

I am a runner. I love to run. I love to clock off the miles. I love to time myself and try to go faster and be better. I love working on my form and matching my breaths to my steps. I love the freedom of running. I can see myself running every morning until I die. I love it that much. It doesn't bore me. It always challenges me and it makes me feel great. These morning runs are adding good things to my life. This week I kept it at 2 miles only. I might do that all next week too. It’s a good amount of time and it’s a good distance. I will eventually add a mile, just to keep challenging myself. But the challenge right now is getting out of bed and I know I can do 2 miles and accomplish something.

Oh this job. May I just take one moment and say how much I HATE BEING HERE!! I like the people just fine and I know I will stay friends with two of them after I quit. But I cannot stay here. I drive one hour EACH WAY to get to a job where I sit on my ass all day long and don’t change the world. I don’t even alter the world. I am wasting away as I sit here. I can barely get the motivation to do anything. This job is literally pecking away at my soul and I can’t do it anymore. I have my two-week notice date and I am sticking to it. More than one thing in my life will change before this summer begins.

On the food front, I’ve done pretty well. During the workday I keep my hands out of the candy and away from the chips. I didn’t have a burger with everyone today. I have kept under 1400 calories each day and I am eating my veggies and proteins. I did have some sausage the past few nights (and no, not the manly sexy kind) which I’m sure is cheating for some. But for those of us on a budget it works. I had it, I won’t buy it again and I only eat 4oz, portioning out so I don’t eat the whole thing. It is hard to start an eating regiment during PMS week, I’m not going to lie. I would have KILLED someone for pizza last night. And chocolate. And a steak. But I soothe myself with “I can have it Sunday” and the knowledge that I am not going to do myself great harm by not stopping and getting a meatball sandwich from Subway. I will survive. Doesn’t feel like it sometimes, but I am still here and the cravings haven’t killed me yet.

And you? How’d you do in the eating world? Anything fun come into your life this week?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update: I caved and got Fritos, bean dip and a Snickers ice cream bar today on the way home. Amazingly, when I typed my information into bodybugg.com, I still came in under 1500 calories for the day. I know I need to be stronger, but I couldn't do it! 2 HOURS in traffic, three days of raging hormones and no one to cuddle with. I needed chocolate..... and salt! I hate to blame weakness on something so feminine and basic, but it's the truth. And I know I'm not alone in this.

Tomorrow is a new day and I will be back on the horse. I'm just glad it didn't get any worse.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm trying to control my calories too! I'm cooking instead of eating out and following new recipes from Jillian Michael's cookbook. Yummy! So far, 5 lbs. lost since Monday! Woo hoo!

Sharon said...

I'm watching my calories too! I'm trying to cook more and eat out less, makine new recipes from Jillian Michael's cookbook. So far it's been grat since Monday.

Amie B. said...

I LOVE Jillian! Watching her on Biggest Loser is awesome. I'm sad she's going to leave this year. And congrats on the weight loss! That is awesome!