Friday, January 21, 2011

White Bikini Challenge- Friday 1/21/11

I have failed brilliantly this week at work. That's twice I have to chalk up a week to failure. Not the best way to go about changing my life. But maybe the lesson is that I am aware and am starting to see patterns and where I have problems. I'm learning and each new thing I learn is only going to move me forward, as long as I make changes. That is the biggest part. I have to make the changes.

I’m eating emotionally, eating to celebrate, eating because I’m bored and because I am really, really hungry. And the scale is reflecting this.

Last night I fell off the wagon with the trip to Buffalo Wild Wings. I ate fried everything and had a beer. Granted it was a light beer, but it still is not part of the “eat right so I can cheat on Sunday” plan. There is no alcohol allowed during the week! This was emotional eating, as I had just finished a really hard 4-hour callback for a part I really wanted. So I went to BWW at 11p at night with my friend Eric and ate over 1000 calories. I have a long weekend of running coming up, but there is no reason to sabatoge myself before I even get there! This is one of the reasons I need to focus on my cheat day. No more preemptively eating because I “plan” to go for a run. That is getting added to the goal list.

I also started reading Jillian Michael’s Master Your Matabolism and it is amazing. I love Jillian from both her Biggest Loser show and her Losing It With Jillian show she did last summer. This book is making me love her even more. She is smart. It’s an easy read and very interesting. Her passion for the subject comes through in every passage. I am learning even more about how our bodies work and what amazing machines they are. Motivates me to take even better care of it and get it running at it’s peak. If you can, check it out from the library and take it to heart. She has tons of research backing her up and decades of trial error experience.

And you? What is one of your favorite work-out books? Motivation books? Have a suggestion for me?

No comments: