Friday, January 28, 2011

White Bikini Challenge- Friday 1/28/11

This week I have been a hot mess of not eating well. We started rehearsals for Anything Goes on Monday and I got measured for costumes. This makes for the second time I was measured this week and the measurement was the same both times. So there is a good thing in that. And when she pulls costumes and measures me again in a month, I will be even smaller. And there is good in that. And more motivation. I managed to fit in a few workout sessions in between work and rehearsal, but I have to do that every day to make up for the morning run I’m not getting in. Plus it’s a good warm up for rehearsal and keeps me focused and mentally here. If I don’t get my runs I start to feel like a caged animal. Or a border collie who needs to get out there and just RUN!

I went to the grocery store on Tuesday night, complete with list and good intentions. And I kept to both. I stayed within my list and my food goals. Less processed, less meat and dairy, and all foods that will keep for a while. I always want more fresh foods, but I knew with my schedule I was going to have to think more long term. So lots of lean cuisine, lots of frozen veggies and a protein bar for my drive every morning. I also bought cereal, which is the only thing I’m not proud of. I haven’t have cereal in my house in months and now I remember why. It’s too easy to eat. Too easy to lose track of measurements and too easy to have another bowl. I bought the good kind – Multigrain and Total- but they are still high calorie cereals that need to not be in my world. I will eat the ones I bought, but lesson learned. No cereal in my house. It’s too dangerous! I can say no to ice cream, pie, pudding and truffles. But a bowl of cereal? Gotta have it!

Along those lines is the timing of my cereal meal. With rehearsals going strong I am getting home at 11p or later and am starving. So I have a bowl of cereal. Not a good idea. I like the comforting carb coma I go into afterwards and it puts me right to sleep. But it is not a good thing for my body so I need to curb that. Stick to my goal of no barbs after I leave work. One more guideline!

So here we are on Friday. I started drinking coffee again, which I’ve gone all month without needing, I’m eating late into the night and I’m not getting more than 6 hours of sleep a night. Oh and my morning runs have fallen off the schedule. I need to re-evaluate. This is the first week of rehearsals and I am getting back on the wagon and into a new routine. I have to plan my food even better, MAKE time for runs and keep hydrated since I am not sleeping enough. I can do this.

Especially since this the role I’ve wanted for over 10 years. I am not going to throw it away by not taking care of myself!

How about you? How was your week?


2 comments:

Ann Thomas said...

Love you Amie... can't wait to see you as Reno!

The Budd's said...

Love this! And so excited for this role for you =) wish I could be there to see you in it! I know what you mean by fallen off the wagon - i'm getting back on though and you will too! Thanks for sharing your life!