Monday, January 10, 2011

The Great White Bikini Weight Loss – Week One

My goal is to wear this hot white string bikini to the pool in Vegas when I go in July. To do that I must lose approximately 30lbs and at least 10% of my body fat. How do I do that? Work out more, work out smarter and eat less, eat smarter.

I thought long and hard about what diet I wanted to follow for this. I’ve tried Jenny Craig, South Beach, Vegan, Eat Right For Your Type and the Master Cleanse. I looked at all of those again. I don’t like the food on Jenny. I want less dairy than South Beach. Vegan is still on the table. I truly believe in that way of life. And no one in their right mind who loves their body would do the Master Cleanse. I looked into Weight Watchers, but I don’t have $40 a month right now to join. They have a free registration offer until March. If I hit a wall in Feb I will join up. What I finally decided on was the A.B.S. Diet way of thinking which is you eat whole, healthy and filling foods all week (no sugars, candies, sweets, breads, fried foods, ice cream, cake, desserts, high calorie meals) and you get one cheat meal of your choice. I LOVE THIS!

My friend Rovin told me this worked for him when he needed to slim down. But he gave himself a whole day. Said it also worked because by the “Cheat Day” he usually didn’t want what he could have. I started thinking about this and it made a lot of sense. I have two major weak spots in my efforts to lose weight.

Mindless eating at my desk and while I’m on the computer

Eating crap in the car on the way home because I’m hungry NOW

Having one cheat day should help these behavioral issues as well. So here we are on Monday and I am looking at the jar of candy on my desk and I want one. I can taste it. I can feel how sweet it’s going to be. But I tell myself it’s going to taste the same on Sunday and I can have one then. I also know that I am hitting the gym at 5:30 and don’t want to ruin all that good work on one candy.

So I can have it on Sunday.

And soon I will have my little white bikini body.

No comments: