Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Great White Bikini Weight Loss - Introduction

The Goal

- Lose 30 lbs by July 8 and maintain that weight loss through the rest of the year.

I know my weight loss goals aren’t up there with the hundred pound goals of contestants on Biggest Loser. But they are my goals and it is my journey. I know I am healthy- I run 2 miles as a warm up, I regularly finish marathons and I walk up flights of stairs instead of the elevator. I give thanks every day to my body for being healthy and active and mobile. Working in a hospital, I do not take my mobility or health for granted. But the fact of the matter is that I am overweight for my height and it is time to do something more about it.

I have a picture on my desk of a blonde Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader. I regularly pull up pictures of Britney Spears’ performance with the snake. The picture that wallpapers my phone is a scantily clad Black Canary. These are my visual motivations. I know I am not a cheerleader, a pop-star or a comic book character. But I do know that I can get to that weight and I will love it when I do. My mental motivations change daily and are powerful in their ability to get my butt moving and my mouth from eating everything in sight.

I am past “losing weight for my health”. I don’t “need” to slim up. I can work fine as I am. I look fine as I am. I’m not stopping traffic, but I get by. However, I WANT to be a lean, mean, bad-ass and the only way to do that is to cut calories and work out. So that is what this blog is going to be about for the next few months. I will talk about my journey from “you’re not overweight” to “good GRACIOUS you look fine”. I won’t lie, I won’t cheat and I won’t keep anything from you. That way, if you are sitting at your desk or in your home wondering if anyone else looks longingly at the jar of candy you can know you are not alone. (And I am doing it right now.)

So here we go. I will also talk about my job and auditions and family and everything else that comes into play in the world. But ultimately I am focusing on slimming down, trimming up and blowing the minds of the people I meet.

Oh- and keep on the lookout for before pictures- need to take those this weekend! I have a white bikini I bought last year that I swore I would wear. But I was always too embarrassed. Who wears a white STRING bikini? A hot ass lady does! So that's why this journey is called The Great White Bikini Loss.

Here we go!


No comments: