Monday, January 24, 2011

White Bikini Challenge- Monday 1/24/11 and Cheat Day #2

Monday Morning weight- 167 Down 7 lbs since Dec 28, 2010

I am on course for my July goal- but these first ones are the “easy” pounds. It’s all holiday water and crap weight that my body hasn’t had for very long. Once I hit under 165 I’ll start to have to work harder since my body LOVES that weight and really wants to stay there. I might find 160 is where my body functions at its best. And as long as I’m eating whole foods and keeping my fat percentage down, I will eventually not care about a number. I’ll just live where my body likes to live. But for the sake of this year I am going for the big goal. I will not be deterred!

On Saturday I had to go get measured and fitted for a bridesmaid dress. The result: Chest 44 Waist 33 Hips 43. Not brilliant but totally workable. The sales woman nicely told me I had the measurements of a fashion model because I was ten inches different from waist to hip. That made me laugh. But I took the compliment and thought about being a high powered fashion model throughout the rest of the fitting. That thought is also what kept me from stopping and getting frozen yogurt that afternoon. We ordered the dress and I knew that when I came back in May for my fitting it was going to have to be taken in. She said they are able to take in up to six sizes, so I’m safe.

I then had a massage client, which went really well (further confirming that I need to be doing that instead of office work). I needed a snack afterwards. I was famished! Standing in the middle of the AM/PM I was seriously torn about what to eat. I LOVE the packaged sandwiches at gas stations. I like the breaded chicken and the jalapeño and cheese corn dogs. But that love is what put me in this situation, so I knew I had to say no to those. I also didn’t want to eat crap anymore. I wanted whole foods and good for me foods. I must have walked through that AM/PM for 15 minutes, battling about what I was going to eat. A sandwich? Fritos and bean dip (my “healthy” gas station food since there are no preservatives in Fritos.)? Ice cream? Just a cup of coffee? I went through everything. Keep in mind I am also always on a budget so the .99$ hotdog was incredibly tempting, if only for my pocketbook.

But I decided my waist was more important than my retirement fund and I went with a package of plain almonds and a water. Both very good decisions and I felt smart about my dinner.

Then I drove to Vegas. I ate well on the way out there, stopped and got a chicken gyro which was really filling. Went for a run Sunday morning and had tuna salad for breakfast. I was really proud of myself for keeping my eye on the prize- the buffet dinner, my “cheat” meal. Headed to my audition at 1:30, which is what I had been stressing about for months. I needed to be skinny for this! And I knew going into it that I wasn’t skinny enough. Well all that stress was unfounded. I sang well and they ended up not keeping any singers. So off my friend and I went to Sahara for $1 hotdogs and $1 beers. And my night of eating waaaaay too much began. We hit the hotdogs and the beer and then we went to the buffet. Yes- a buffet while on a diet. Not my finest moment. But I went because it’s Vegas and I wanted it. And I ate and I ate and I ATE. And I enjoyed every moment of it.

So here we are at the start of another week. How was your weekend? How are you doing with your resolutions?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know the weight number is not where you want it to be- but you look so fit and fantastic- and you have to factor in all that muscle you've got from your marathoning. Even though i think you're a skinny biatch (and i mean that with love) I'm always happy to keep up with your blog- especially cause i am trying to get to my goal weight as well and it helps to see you're not the only one struggling.

i lost 12 pounds this month- no sugar, no rice or potatoes, no artificial sweeteners and still no gluten/dairy. but i can't be that militant for my whole life. we will see where this year takes me. eventually, this year better take me places in a size 6.

<3 Bonnie